We currently have a vacancy to join our friendly team – the position is for combined role as a part-time Qualified Therapist and Support Worker. The position is offered at 16 -18 hours per week at £15 per hour, with additional hours to be offered in line with demand for services. This exciting role is primarily to provide 1:1 therapy to survivors (all genders), as well as supporting our non-therapeutic services as outlined above. The role will require the postholder to work with flexibility in our Mansfield office and/or online. Our approach is person, centred and long-term and we support each of our clients for up to 2 years.
The post holder will need:
- To be qualified to Level 4 or above in counselling (or equivalent)
- To have had or be in the process of having personal counselling, a minimum of 6 months
- A minimum of one year’s work experience as a therapist (inc. as a trainee)
- Be willing to have a DBS check
- To have a full driving licence, access to a vehicle and be willing to travel across the county as required (occasionally)
Role and duties:
- Managing a caseload of survivors of sexual abuse and/or their family members.
- Supporting individual service users of SHE UK and provide 1-to-1 therapy on a weekly basis.
- To write up confidential session notes and either email or send into appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Enable the service to run effectively by responding to queries in a timely manner and assist the development of SHE UK in line with demand.
- To work flexibly to split your time as required between therapeutic and non-therapeutic support – for example, assisting in our weekly Lounge or providing emotional support to those waiting to start therapy, in line with client demand
- To attend in-house group supervision when appropriate
- To attend in-house and external training as required
- Work in-line with our safeguarding policy, culture and ethos
- Work closely with Operations Manager to manage client progression
- To work flexibly to the needs of the organisation as required
- To always maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Other responsibilities
- To be proactive in ongoing personal and professional development
- Undertake clinical supervision
- To attend team meetings where possible
- To read and understand the Policies and Procedures essential to the work and to the organisation
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
To apply, please send a covering letter addressing the criteria below as well as an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 5pm Sunday 10th September. Interviews to be held week commencing 25th September 2023.