We are looking for a Treasurer (and Trustee) to join our dedicated Management Committee!
The Treasurer will need:
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of management accounting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of the Charity Commission Statement of Recommended practice (SORP) for annual reporting to the Commission.
- Some experience of charity finance and fundraising.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information simply.
- The skills to analyse proposals and plans and to examine their financial consequences.
- Being prepared to make unpopular recommendations to the board.
- A willingness to be available to the CEO and other relevant staff for advice and enquiries on an adhoc basis.
In addition to Trustee duties, Treasurer role and duties, include:
- Assure that the financial resources of the organisation meets its present and future needs.
- Advising on the financial implications of SHE UK’s development plans.
- Oversee the annual budgeting cycle.
- Ensure regular financial management accounts, showing performance against budget, are produced and presented to the board.
- Prepare any additional financial reports required by the board.
- Ensure the year-end accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by the regulatory bodies and funders.
- Ensure the year-end accounts are externally scrutinised in the manner required.
- Making a formal presentation of the year-end accounts at the Annual General Meeting and draw attention to points in a coherent and easily understandable way.
- Ensure the appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place and complied with.
- Ensure that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy.
- Ensure the payment of salaries, PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory sick pay, pensions and expenses and to ensure submission of returns to appropriate bodies.
- To ensure the organisation is adequately insured for property, employer’s liability, public liability and other such risks as directed by the board.
- Liaise with the CEO about financial matters.
To obtain the recruitment pack or if you have any queries, please email us - email@example.com